W2MEDIA.CA | Listen to today’s broadcast of Media Mornings on Vancouver Co-op Radio 100.5 fm: Host Jane Bouey in discussions of Conservative Trade Agenda, Mining and Development and Catholic Bishops
( ( ( LISTEN TO PODCAST ) ) )
- Interview with Stuart Trew of the Council of Canadians about the growing opposition to the Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement.
- Interview with award winning writer, Dennis Gruending about the relationship between the Conservative Government’s policy of support for mining corporations and the Catholic Bishops’ suspension of a postcard campaign by the Development and Peace Aid Agency.
- Claudio Eckdahl discusses role of Canadian Mining Corporations in Latin America.
- Breaking daily news headlines:
- Elections Canada investigators are tracking complaints of misleading or harassing phone calls in 56 ridings during the 2011 federal election campaign. CBC
- The Royal Bank has reported a record annual profit for its latest year, including $1.9 billion in the fourth quarter, according to the Canadian Press.
- An environmental activist who opposes Alberta’s tar sands projects has been forced to resign from his Quebec cabinet position. Files – various sources including CP
- Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi has called for a December 15th public referendum on the country’s new constitution. RT News
- It appears that the Harper Conservatives are not winning many friends at the international level.
The Rabble.ca website reports on a comparison of the reception received by five consecutive speakers at the UN General Assembly on the Palestine resolution last week.The report found that Canada’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Conservative MP John Baird, was received in silence.
- Protesters clashed with police outside the Mexican Congress in Mexico City on Saturday, as the country’s new president, Enrique Pena Nieto, took the oath of office. RT News
- Today’s Music included:
- Trans Pacific Partnership = Corporate Rule of the 1% based on ABC by the Jackson 5 posted on youtube by bloodmoney
- You Have a Choice - Canadian Artists United Against Harper – Produced by Avaaz.org
- Old Man Luedecke - Woe Betide The Doer Of The Deed